Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love reading about what has worked for other parents. It has been really useful for me over the years as I have learned about CDing. Soooo, here is mine:

(for ~15 lbs and up)
homemade cloth wipes
3 size 1 snappis
a small Kawaii wetbag
4 OS Econobum snap closure PUL covers (love these)
5 OS Kawaii snap closure Good Night Heavy Wetter pocket diapers
4 OS Kawaii snap closure Charcoal Bamboo pocket diapers
4 OS Kawaii snap closure Bamboo pocket diapers
15 OS Kawaii velcro closure pocket diapers
*(I got the Kawaii dipes at their online outlet store www.theluvyourbaby.com . I know a number of people who have ordered from there and it has worked out very well for us all. I have never tried BumGenius so I can't compare the two, but these work as well as I need them to and I don't have any complaints. It is a really good value.)

I had started CDing using a lot of Gerber prefolds, but unless it is the premium 100% cotton 4-6-4 ply ones don't even bother. Even then they are a very odd size (12"x17") so unless you are going to alter them I still don't recommend them. I still have 14 and I am going to alter them to fit a NB. I have never cloth diapered a newbie but this is what I plan to do:

14 altered(to 12"x11") Gerber 4-6-4 ply prefolds
18 GMD OS cotton flats
6 GMD NB fitted dipes with snaps
12 GMD small prefolds(to replace the altered ones)
4 Thirsties Duo Wrap size 1 with snaps
1 Disana wool pull-on
6 Malden Mills fleece liners
6 hemp doublers
a pail liner

I like that I will be able to use most of the new stuff throughout this little one's CDing journey. I have heard that it is best to stick to basics with newbies because the pockets and AIOs just don't fit that well at first, even if they are marketed as NB size. The only thing I am still debating is whether I should get more wool pull-ons.

What do your stashes(current or planned) look like? :grin:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Last time we did flats with various covers since I was able to stay home and cared more about super-easy washing than ease of use.

This time, we're going to end up using daycare, so I'm getting pocket diapers and AIOs. Which consist of the ones my friend still had from her 3 year old and the ones I've been finding on Zulily sales. I'll still use flats for the newborn stage, but haven't gotten them yet. (Our old ones have been cleaning rags for 5 years now, lol.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are a new mom, then you should definitely get the baby diaper rash cream, it is a life saver and helps to give instant relief to your baby. I have been using the moms co baby rash cream and it worked well for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts