Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowling Ball!

I am almost 9 weeks post-partum and I have to be honest, I appear to be losing brain cells on a daily basis...
: I forget everything - or I do the chore, then have to check whether I have done it or not! I have made several attempts to find burp cloths in the fridge, I have sterlized baby's bottles without putting the lid on the sterlizer...
: I forget to close the snaps on baby's vest and then wonder how they came undone! I ask my husband what he wants for dinner when it should be breakfast and I frequently forget entire conversations
: .... I try to calm my hungry baby by saying her name out loud but find I am saying the Dog's name first, then the cat's, my hubby and then get to her name eventually (and I used to give my Dad a hard time for sounding off my older three Brother's name before he remembered mine - Sorry Dad!)

I am starting to wonder if there is a conspiracy here? Can anyone give me tips on improving my memory (I know sleep deprivation is playing a part in this - I hope) but any ideas would be helpful - or at least sympathy from those suffering from the same debilitating mental state!

Thanks.... Now what was I going to do....?????
:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
LOL - I'm 22 months postpartum and I still haven't gotten my brain completely back (although its gotten better - I didn't put cat food in the coffeemaker this morning).

Be sure you continue taking your prenatal vitamins, and know that it will eventually get better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts