Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels like she is trying to claw her way out sometimes! Really random sudden sharp pains and movement. She is head down already so I guess it's her head or hands. It feels like she is going to pop right out! Anyone feel this? Does it sound normal? I don't remember these pains with my first. I am pretty sure she has dropped already, I'm 36 weeks. I can also feel bumps in my vagina when she moves sometimes. It feels really weird!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, I get the shooting pains in my cervix at the same time as I get the feet and butt pushing my ribs out, like he or she is doing a REALLy big stretch. It hurts like heck, and I usually send both hands to my belly to protect my ribs, though sometimes one hand goes to my crotch (like I can do anything about it!).

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have NO IDEA which way this baby is turned, but I've been getting those pains the WHOLE pregnancy. Nobody even got to feel the baby move until 20 weeks or more, because the only place to feel movement was in my cervix. I often joke with DH that it's going to be like a horror movie - the baby's arm is just going to pop out of my cervix and start waving "Hi mom!" before it grabs a knife and cuts me open to get out. lol

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
DD1 used to scratch at me like she wanted out Alien-style through my stomach all the time. This time around, there's been none of that.

This baby likes to head-bang my cervix, though. Or something that feels like she's bouncing up and down. She's head down and has been for weeks. My mother took that as a *bad* thing, of course.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I get the ones where I feel almost like getting a pap, on the cervix, kinda painful and sharp. What fun

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I am so relieved to read this because I´ve been having some pelvic "pinching" since yesterday and it is very uncomfortable. I would call it cramping but it is not like a period cramp and it is right smack in the middle of my pelvis at the hair line (TMI)!

I was worried that maybe I had a bladder infection (but no burning, urgency to pee, etc) but then I really felt around there and felt how very low baby is, and I think it´s just alot of pressure down there. Is it pretty frequent for you all like it is for me? Is baby putting pressure on a nerve? Is this what those belly belts are for? Can I make something at home?

I've also had a few random very infrequent pinching sensations on other parts of my belly, but those haven't persisted. Really strange and different and don't feel anything like labor/contractions...

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallielynn01 View Post
I get the ones where I feel almost like getting a pap, on the cervix, kinda painful and sharp. What fun

: I do too. He's head down and often seems to have his hands near his face. Hands off the cervix, kiddo!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been getting these for probably about 2 weeks now. They feel like they are way up inside, like by my cervix. Sometimes they take my breath away! I find myself sitting on the couch, holding my crotch and saying "ow" at least a few times a day :p

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
AH this happened really badly in the truck earlier today. I was seriously like, screw this, give me contractions! I'm not sure which way the baby is facing, but it was like he/she had either both hands or both feet in my cervix and was stretching out as far as possible. It HURT! And it lasted like, 2 or 3 minutes, too. I said lay off the cervix, kid! For at least another week or 2, anyway! lol DH won't get paid if I have the baby before the 20th (which, oddly enough, is 35 weeks 5 days, the exact same gestation DS was born at). He has a week and 2 days paid for this year, and then 2 weeks next year. So if the baby's born more than a week and 2 days before Jan. 1st, he'd have days he wouldn't get paid for. But holy cow, the 20th is only 4 days away! AHH!!! (Ok, I'm rambling now. Gonna go, lol)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I get these too...so annoying.

I asked my OB about them, he says that they are a very common occurence, and what it is the baby's body part (most often the head, but can be other parts) presses against the pelvic bone and turns. So totally normal but annoying.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
IMO this is what effacement and dilation can feel like.
that was going to be my question to some of you mamas who have done this before! It was what I'd assumed is happening every now and then this past week when I've gotten the sharp twinges in my cervix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.