Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my daughter is getting enough sleep but she always looks so TIRED! My MIL and my mom are always saying " she looks so tired!" ( little vent : MY MIL does this when she visits and its nap time... while smiling and WAVING at DD... would you sleep if someone was doing that ! LOL )
SO ANYWAYS...
Does anyone else's DC look tired alot? I have bags under my eyes, and I look perpetually tired... so maybe she just inherited my bags! LOL
Should I try encouraging more sleep during the day??
She usually takes 2-3 naps, 2 longer (1 hour) and one short one...

oh! gotta go...
Thanks!
Andrea

·
Registered
803 Posts
well,the other day i had someone tell me my daughter must be sick..and she was only tired..but no,she must be sick,because shes not being super smiley as usual so therefore,she must feel horrible..*shrugs* people just get funny ideas sometimes. i noticed my babe gets bags under her eyes the other day,too. actually,so does one of our cats,which looks extremely funny,but thats another story.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is 7.5 months...
We have 2 cats and I've wondered for awhile if she's allergic to them...
She's always sneezed alot and the doctor said that should go away and that its normal.. but she still sneezes alot more then I would think is normal...
I had my iron tested and it was okay...
Does that mean hers is? Or should I have hers tested?

I think part of it is that she just never naps as long as she should... if she wakes up after napping only 30 min, I don't always try to get her back to sleep, sometimes I can't.
She's just starting to crawl and I think she's excited about her new skills and she's wearing herself out....

Thanks for the thoughts....
Anything else it could be? Let me know!

Andrea

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
She's definitely on the young side to have low iron, if you ebf for 6 months or so.

I would suspect an allergy. My dd has seasonal allergies and just looks tired for months every spring! When she was a babe I thought it was a series of colds.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
My son inherited my under eye circles.

BUT those circles always go away whenever I stop drinking cow's milk, so I wonder if his are related to my drinking cow's milk. It also goes along with other allergies/sensitivities (which also reduce when I stop it with the cow's milk) for me, though he has shown only normal immune responses to his world so far (two sneezes rather than 100 when something goes in his nose, and so on).

You'd think I'd just give up cow's milk, but I'm SO addicted! augh.

Anyway, is it possible there's something like that going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts