Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking it's a positioning thing. She's preferred to poop on the toilet with me sitting behind her for ages. Then, she had a few days where she tried and had a hard time but pooped on the potty later when I would catch her in the middle of a poop. Now, she doesn't even try. She wants to squat. If I catch her part way through, she'll refuse the potty and finish once I get a clean diaper on her, and I'm cleaning her up twice. I tried letting her poop on a cloth, and she pooped on the cloth but also got a lot on the floor because she kept moving. Other times she refused the cloth. I tried getting her to squat over an old yogurt container, and she was just interested in the container and wanted to play with it, not poop in it. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can help her poop in a more natural position?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Does she have a baby bjorn little potty or something similar (Once upon a Potty is another one)? I called these "squatty pottys" because my dd was almost squatting when she sat on them...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Does a bjorn little potty really work? I'm having the same trouble with dd, she likes to squat and we have an ikea potty. She's really tiny though for her age so any potty might be too big for her to squat on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts