Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I found out the worst way. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually happy about this. After almost having nipple confusion in the beginning, we've been exclusively using the SNS for almost 4 months. Well, Monday I came down with the flu. It was so bad I couldn't hardly sit up. DH actually had to take Monday and Tuesday off work. At one point she needed fed and I couldn't do it. I tried side-lying and everything, but I just couldn't do it. So he tried to give her a bottle. He said she ended up gulping it down, but cried several times and acted like it was gagging her and/or she couldn't pause to breathe. Poor thing. I felt so bad. Fortunately I'm almost better. About 75% of my normal self. I do feel bad, though. The weather is gorgeous today. Sunny and 85! And I've had the older two parked in front of cartoons so I can rest with the baby.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yes, I do have low supply. I have a hormone imbalance that suppresses my prolactin levels

You know, we do have a finger feeder, plus the SNS can be used as a finger feeder. Probably if that happens again I'll have DH finger feed her with the SNS. Or I may try a different bottle. The bottle I happened to have out and ready was just a generic no-name bottle, but I do have some Dr. Brown's wide-mouth bottles. Hopefully, though, it just won't happen again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.