Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

My LO is still waking up at night to eat. She just turned 1. Around 6 months she started waking up 3-4 times at night, at least once was for a feeding. This lasted until about 8 months when I caved and started having her sleep in bed with me, which minimized the wake ups to 1-2 a night. Since then she still wakes up at least once a night to eat. My Dr said she shouldn't be doing this etc etc. I am starting to get used to this, but not sure what to do? Her stomach does growl. She is a very picky eater, and eats like a bird, but also has about 10 teeth. The bottle does comfort her for teething. She rejects alot of teething toys, frozen ones, cold ones, the wash clothes, etc. Ora gel doesn't really work, and I am not for giving her tylenol all the time, unless she's in a quite of bit of pain.
Shes off formula now and on milk, and I am making smoothies for her. She doesn't get milk or a smoothie until she tries to eat solid foods first. I get excited on days she has several bites of each meal, but this rarely happens and she has alot of days she just wants nothing to do with food.. she is interested in it.. She has a smoothie before bed and around 2 she wakes up to eat, stomach growling. She is 97th percentile in everything and the dr is not concerned. She just said keep doing what you are doing and eventually she will start eating on her own. Well, it bothers me ha! Plus I need a solid nights sleep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My little one is 18mo. She also wakes up to drink her milk:oops:. And if i just try to comfort her or offer her water (like pediatrician recommended) she switches on a very loud alarm and in order to don't wake up our whole block just give her the bottle. Sometimes it happens twice a night. So i feel your pain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried comforting mine and like yours she will get louder. Looks like our girls just want comfort with mama and milk! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts