Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, dd weaned at 15 months when I was pg with ds2 and was not willing to do it again. But she loves the milk I pump her. Well these last couple of weeks she has been interested in watching her brother nurse. Today we were sitting there on the floor playing when she started poking me in the chest and saying mama. Then she realized what was in front of her and tried to nurse through my shirt. I got my bra undone and let her try it. Poor baby forgot how. She got her mouth around it and tried but ended up making chewing motions and bit a couple of times. I quit because she was hurting me. Is it possible that she will relearn to latch if I let her try it some more? Another thing will be the challenge of trying to do it so no one knows. My family and friends would violently oppose me letting April nurse again

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay. It seems to be a novelty for her. SHe will whine for it and when I let her she will smile and play around. She seemed to have the latch right but then she bit down hard on the actual nipple and made it bleed, it hurt like he!! so I stopped letting her try. I think it is kind of a test of my love. KWIM. Will I let her do what baby brother gets to do? SHe likes to suck on his binky too. Yep, he likes to suck on one here and tehre to sleep after he is full.
:

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
to you for letting her try and for pumping for her, even if she's forgotten how to latch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts