Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was cute and sad all at the same time.

Yesterday, I picked up Maura from preschool - she was all set to go, waved bye to everyone, we went to the car, I put her in...and then she babbled something and pulled her upset face. And it occured to me that what she babbled sounded very much like "Miriam" - who is her older sister.

Now her sister's with me two days out of the week when I pick Maura up. And lately, she gets sad when we drop off siblings. So it would make sense if she was asking for Miriam.

So I said "Miriam? Do you want to know where Miriam is?"

She got sad and babbled - again, sounding like "Miriam".

Then I got all silly mom in her face with "What's wrong? Oh I wish I could understand you!" LOL!

But I swear it sounded like she was asking where Miriam was - so I told her that Miriam was at her school, she'd be home later. But it was exciting that she was obviously trying to tell me something and yet so sad b/c I couldn't understand and I could tell whatever it was upset her.

However, later on, we went to Kohl's, and geese were flying overhead so I said "Oh look! Birds. I hope they don't poop on us." (Seriously, beware of geese over head!) Maura looked up, then pointed up and babbled. Woohoo! A half hour later, we left Kohl's and I said "I wonder if there's any birds?" She looked up and pointed, then realized there were none. But she remembered! So the rest of the day we kept looking for birds (took four more hours, lol, but we found a flock!)

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
How neat and special!! Sounds like a day worth celebrating to me!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
How exciting

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
That's funny because Ezra just found birds too- and we spend hours searching them out lol.
I get lost in it sometimes-and then realize how much time I've spent trying to find a bird, and how excited I am when we find one and he sees it too.
The neighbors must think I'm bizarre.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.