Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the baby always comes in with me to pee, its usually no big deal. i pee, then we wave bye bye to the pee, then mommy washes her hands and the baby watches, then i pick her up and she 'washes' her hands and splashes in the water for a bit and usually drinks some from her hands. today as i stood there washing my hands i heard this little slurping noise over the running water... and looked down to find the baby with her hands in the toilet DRINKING TOILET WATER!! AHHHHHHH!! whats worse is we havent washed that toilet in about 2 weeks! ew! gross! it wasnt too dirty or anything, but a little grubby because we dont use any wierd detergent in the bowl... its just water, so at least i dont have that to worry about, but i am now all creeped out because she was drinking from a bacteria filled pool of grossness!

i grabbed her and tossed her into the tub and scrubbed her down, so shes clean now, and fed her some vitamin c and fed her some kefir, do you think her toilet drinking is going to make her sick? of course she chooses today to do this, when my parents are coming into town tonight from clorado and will only be here this weekend...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
They say your toilette is cleaner than your kitchen sink.Just try to convince yourself of that.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

My DD once stood in front of the toilet repeatedly dipping MY toothbrush in and sucking the water off of it.
Time for a new toothbrush.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the bacteria in there came from your own body and she probably has pretty good defenses against them already.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Since it was flushed, and since you don't use creepy chemicals in it, I'd say she'll likely be OK. Especially since you don't use creepy chemicals in it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.