Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I was trying to move over there there are a few Shelton moms out there and wondered if there were any toddler things going on there that people would recommend. Thanks!

I think I moved to the only place nobody from MDC lives!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There's a south kitsap/pierce AP group- is that too far for you?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicdoula
There's a south kitsap/pierce AP group- is that too far for you?
I know and used to belong to that group when I was not sure where we were moving, but its just too far, unless we get a boat sadly, I wish it was closer as the crow flies its not far at all but its a long drive round either way.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is a group that has been getting together down in Olympia. Is that too far for you to go? We haven't met in the last 2 weeks or so, but we have been, having you would be great too!!

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Hello

I just moved back to Aberdeen, which is about 45 miles west of Olympia. I was in Astoria and hung with the Portland group, but I need to meet some Grays Harbor/Mason/Thurston County mommies now so I can get back in the social scene!

I'm visiting my mother until Friday, but would love to get together for coffee and/or walk sometime soon?

·
Registered
534 Posts
We have been meeting at parks to let the kids play but we aren't limited to that if you all want to do something different. You are both welcome to join up with us. I will see if anyone else has any plans or I will make a plan to get together soon.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I think Olympia is too far, but if anything happens closer let me know!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Unless there are other Shelton or Hood Canal mama's I think Oly might be the closest. There may be some in that area but I can't remeber who. sorry.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by boysrus
there are two mamas on this board who live in Shelton.
I thought there were and thought there had been something going on there at one time. The ironic thing is Port Townsend is ultra-crunchy and no Mama's admitting to living there on MDC! I signed DD up for a play-school Co-Op there which starts in Sept and will be good for both of us I think.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Destinye,

Sorry I missed this! I haven't been checking this area very much recently. I've been spending most of my computer time in the due date clubs section.

I live in Shelton and would love to get together. There is always story time on Mondays at the library at 10:30. But for other getting together just PM me.

Hope to hear from you!

Wendy

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Hello Wendy!

I would love to get a group started. I've been researching some family friendly things to do in the Olympia area. Let me know what you think!

It was great meeting you and Nicky yesterday at the picnic!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrunchyKat
Hello Wendy!

I would love to get a group started. I've been researching some family friendly things to do in the Olympia area. Let me know what you think!

It was great meeting you and Nicky yesterday at the picnic!

It was great meeting you and your little family!

I just sent an email to Holistic Moms Network (holisticmoms.org)to join and start a chapter in Shelton/Mason county. I really think there is a growing number of moms in the Shelton area that are interested in holistic: education, health care, parenting...and I want/need to connect with them. And right now there is no organized group in which we can meet each other.

As for "family friendly things to do in the Oly area"...the Children's Museum, parks (Tumwater Historical, Priest Point, Woodard Bay)... If we were to get together would you rather meet in Oly or in Shelton? Is one closer than the other? Or are they the same distance from you? I do think we should meet where it is less of a drive for you! I'd be up for trying to organize something for next week... Let me know.

Peace

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeking sisters
It was great meeting you and your little family!

I just sent an email to Holistic Moms Network (holisticmoms.org)to join and start a chapter in Shelton/Mason county. I really think there is a growing number of moms in the Shelton area that are interested in holistic: education, health care, parenting...and I want/need to connect with them. And right now there is no organized group in which we can meet each other.

As for "family friendly things to do in the Oly area"...the Children's Museum, parks (Tumwater Historical, Priest Point, Woodard Bay)... If we were to get together would you rather meet in Oly or in Shelton? Is one closer than the other? Or are they the same distance from you? I do think we should meet where it is less of a drive for you! I'd be up for trying to organize something for next week... Let me know.

Peace
Thats great and was thinking of starting a Holistic Mom's Group myself! I have connected with more people here and that helps with the drive, but am still interested in things in Shelton though Olympia is a little far.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Destinye
Thats great and was thinking of starting a Holistic Mom's Group myself! I have connected with more people here and that helps with the drive, but am still interested in things in Shelton though Olympia is a little far.
Where do you live Destinye? The response that you quoted in your previous post was intended for CrunchyKat. She and I met at a picnic that my midwife has each year called Babes & Bellies. She lives in Aberdeen so thats why I was mentioning the drive.

I thought you live in Shelton.
Just a little confused.

I emailed the Holistic Moms Network yesterday to start the process to start a Shelton/Mason County HMN chapter. I am excited to meet more families. I helped organize a moms group in CO when DS was little. It was totally grass roots with no national group affiliations but we were doing the same thing as HMN. I like that they give alot of support and have resourses and suggestions for starting/running a group.

Well I'm :yawning:...so I'm off to take a little nap.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Shelton is probably sightly closer than Olympia from Aberdeen. I wouldn't mind either one though! I was thinking, it would be fun to go do things (like zoos or museums) but to also meet up to go for walks, grab coffee or tea, or a picnic at a park. I'm really desperate for some socialization right now, as I don't get out much since I've been back in Wa. Isn't there a farmers market in Olympia? I would love going to that sometime soon. Wendy, I think it will be great having a group through HMN. I can't wait to get this started. How often are we planning on meeting up? Personally, I wouldn't mind coming up even a few times a week, but I know that may be too much for some people. Just let me know! I'm visiting with family right now but will be back and available after Sunday.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeking sisters
Where do you live Destinye? The response that you quoted in your previous post was intended for CrunchyKat. She and I met at a picnic that my midwife has each year called Babes & Bellies. She lives in Aberdeen so thats why I was mentioning the drive.

I thought you live in Shelton.
Just a little confused
Sorry for the confusion, I am 40 miles North on the Hood Canal, and 40 miles from Port Townsend the other way!

Anyhow I would also be interested in the Holistic Mom's network too. Just finding my way around here, but did find the playgroup closer to me is on-going too just taking a summer break. Port Townsend is very crunchy but not too friendly I am finding, but it takes a while I think to meet new people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts