Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Mamas!!!

I've only been making CD's for 8 months and I'm learning more and more about the fabrics. I mostly make flannel fitteds with terry soakers and have had great luck... I just ordered a bunch of MM's fleece for covers.

What exactly is Sherpa? Is it a cotton? How can I use it?

I know a little about bamboo and it's anti-bacterial qualities... but how would it be used in a dipe?

Sorry if this q has been asked recently. I am just a mama needin some direction.. all the fabric choices is making me
:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sherpa is usually cotton, but we use it to mean the texture. So think about fake lambs fleece, like if you go into a petstore and buy a pet bed or soft pet toy that is imitation 'fleece'. In a pet store, this stuff would generally be white and the texture is what makes it sherpa: the large soft bumpiness of it.

In diaper making, it's made from cotton and is soft and absorbant. Use it in the body layers to make a snuggly diaper. Some people like sherpa wipes b/c the texture can help pick up solids.

I haven't used bamboo, but it sounds like you'd just use it as body layers or soaker layers. Supposed to be soft and fluffy.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
i also heard that bamboo stays softer and fluffier longer. Sherpa is great for nightime.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Some sherpa is 100% cotton, some is a 80% cotton 20% poly blend. It's very soft, though, nice to use on a few diapers just for variety.

I have some bamboo terry (they also had bamboo fleece) on order through a co-op that I can't wait to try. It's been a looooong wait for this, don't need it anymore with DS #1, but I'll try it with some dipes for baby#2. It sounds nice...

hope that was a little helpful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts