Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due in early November. I bought a Cuddlebunz pattern and my mom was going to make some diapers for the baby. I WANTED to use organic sherpa but quickly realized this was not in my budget.

So what do you guys recommend?

There is a co-op were I can get 80/20 sherpa but I really would prefer it to be 100% cotton,

Or should I just go with hemp?

My only real problem with hemp is that after awhile it gets hard and scratchy. A few have holes but for the most part the elastic gave out long before the hemp itself.

Does anyone know if any good resourse to get either 100% sherpa or hemp?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Try organiccottonplus.com They have 100% cotton sherpa. But, I've found that the 80/20 mix or 90/10 mix really holds up better.

I personally love hemp, but it's just a preference!

Edited to add: sorry, I didn't see that OS was not in the budget. Have you tried the 80/20? You might like it!

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyboys
Edited to add: sorry, I didn't see that OS was not in the budget. Have you tried the 80/20? You might like it!

Not unless that is what my loveybums are made out of.
I "thought" they were 100% cotton but I am not sure. The website doesnt really say.

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyboys
You know, my loveybums are OS/OV. And, super soft! Have you considered making the inner out of OS and the outer of normal sherpa?
Mine are the quick dry sherpa. I don't think they are organic at all. But making the inner out of orgaic and and the outter out of normal would help the budget and at least what is touching baby would be organic.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
While I agree that the hemp won't stay as soft as a 100% cotton sherpa, as long as you face the terry side away from baby, it won't get terribly scratchy. I feel like our smooth hemp dipes are still pleasant to touch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just bought some 80/20 sherpa from sewshoppe.com and really like it. It's so yummy soft. The beauty of having a little poly is that it makes it stretchier and more durable, from what I understand. Supposedly it is just cotton touching babe - the poly is on the backing part. Sewshoppe had the best prices on sherpa I could find, without waiting on a co-op.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.