Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I remmebered to post our story. Well on June 22 we traveled to Detroit to pick up our baby girl en route from Korea. WE got there a bit early and she arrived early as well. It took almost 1.5 hours to get her through customs and immigration but then we finally got her. Held her loved her fed her. OMG it was so awesome. We hung out at the airport and finally got to catch an earlier flight back home. We've settled in fine. I'm with her pretty much 24 hours a day so she's very attached to me and not too attached to daddy which I think hurts his feelings. I don't know what to do cause if I ignore her while he has her then she screams. Ugh she's so sweet and cute and fun. Her brothers love her and spend lots of time in her face. ya know how children can be drives us crazy and she eats it up. She's eating well and the urticaria has disappeared entirely. Don't know what that was about. I'm so in love it's awesome. I highly recommend everyone adopt. It's the best...of course I guess I just had an awesome experience.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
congrats! I bet in a few weeks time she'll be a daddy's girl too! don't worry. I'm so happy for you and your new daughter!

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I've found with ALL of my children that they go through periods where they only want mom, then suddenly it's all about dad. Attachment will come with time, but it happens gradually.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Okay, I don't normally post in here (or haven't ever actually!), but I saw your post and had to! Congratulations!!! How wonderful for you and your family!!!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
My daughter was pretty skeptical about dad for a long time too and she's his bio daughter. She liked to sit with me and laugh at his antics though, and that paved the way for a beautiful, loving relationship, once he figured out that letting her come to him, and just being open and warm towards her was all it took. It probably would have happened faster if we hadn't tried to force the issue. She really didn't like men in general for a long time...

anyway, congratulations!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks mamas. We're so blessed to have our baby girl. She has her first sickness with us today. She's got a lowgrade fever and runny nose and just feels yucky. I wondered how long it would take her to get sick.
Poor baby she's in a pretty good mood to be sick.

We're working on the daddy thing and it does seem to be getting better. He's spending more time with her at night. I so remember the days I'd be with the boys all day and daddy would come in and I'd cease to exist so I know those days are coming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts