Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with a girl who is due in a couple of months. She told me at first that she wasn't sure about BFing. A couple of months later, she told me she had decided not to BF because her OB told her that if she breastfed AT ALL, she'd be leaking all the time and pour milk all over the place when she went back to work.
Me and another coworker who had breastfed set the record straight on that one. I sent her a link to the page on Kellymom that says what your baby gets if you breastfeed for a day, a week, a month, etc. I forgot to ask if she'd ever read it. Guess she did, because a few days ago, she approached me and said that as a direct result of that page, she decided to give BFing a try!

I don't know how long she's planning on BFing, but any breastmilk is better than none! She's going to have to go back to work since she's a single mom and pumping's not really possible at my work, so I explained that if she only nurses after work, her body will adjust her supply according. Here's hoping she sticks with it!

Side note - I sent a NoCirc link along with the Kellymom one. She's having a boy. I haven't mentioned circ at all and I'm afraid to ask. Keep your fingers crossed that she keeps him intact!

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was Kellymom, maybe I was wrong, because I couldn't find it on there. But this is what I was talking about.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
That's an awesome resource!
I think when I go to Ithaca for a visit I'm going to stalk Diane and give her a hug or something, lol.
Fingers crossed....
Jessica

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to this community!

Great job encouraging her with the link! Im also going to pass this link on to two girlfriends of mine (both due any day!) whom are both saying they dont wish to breastfeed because of the "things they've heard" about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.