Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 month old has napped in her crib 1) today 2) yesterday 3) 3 days ago.

She settles into it really easily. I can tell when she is getting tired. We nurse, put a diaper on, and I put her in there. I can hear her play, and before long she is asleep.

I had never used it besides as storage, but lately, she hasn't been napping well. We used to nap together or atleast nurse and cuddle til she went to sleep. But then she started thrashing and kicking and crying and climbing out of bed. She would tell me she had to pee about 5 times, but whenever I let her out of bed she would just run away. Finally, I put her in the cage while I went to the bathroom planning on picking her up when I got out, but by that time she was already asleep.

: I was kind of proud of the fact that she had never slept in the crib and now I can't say that anymore

I also do not know what to do at night. Our bed is too small. She kicks and thrashes in her sleep and she is waking more than I would like. I had planned that when she was 18 months I would put the crib mattress next to the bed, but now she is napping so well in the crib, I am wondering if I should just put her to bed in there too once she gets more used to it. It just sems so extreme to have her in there, away from meall night! and at such a young age.

Does anyone else have toddlers that moved out of the family be so young? Should I just try it and bring her back to bed if she gets scared? I don't want her to wake up alone in the dark.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She is napping in there again today. I guess it is just something they do when they are ready (whenever that may be)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts