Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SIL had a baby a couple of weeks ago. They live in India where more people cloth diaper or do EC. But it's a status thing to use Pampers there now.
: I didn't ask about diapers after she had her baby because I wanted to respect her wishes. She was already having a hard time with nursing and he was jaundiced and was recovering from a bad birth.

I bought her 3 doz. infant prefolds, some pins and snappis and a few covers. I also bought her 2 doz standard size prefolds. They were bought 5.5 years ago with the expectation of her having a baby right away. It took them 7 years to have their little boy. Most of the time people use flats there (they have never heard of Indian prefolds!) so these prefolds are like supreme diapers.

So she wrote me an email and said the diapers are working out great, they don't leak but they can tell when he's wet. She said they were "fabulous!"
She only wishes she had more covers. I would have bought more but MIL told me they don't use covers because it's too hot there. I tried to tell her that the covers breathe but she didn't believe me.
: I will be bringing a bunch of covers in all sizes when we visit in a few months.

I'm just so thrilled that the diapers are seeing the light of day!

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is great. i have a friend in India too. Last time she had her dd, i sent her some pul covers and a few flannel diapers and she thought they were great. this time i'm sending her a few sandys and covers.
when i had my first dd, i was in Nepal and i used old cotton saris, folded ( origami fold) and pinned. and also made some flats with some flannel material.
they worked great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As an indian who cloth diapers here in the US I have seen cloth diapers of inferior quality in india the covers suck.So I have always sent pul's and prefolds for dh's sister in india too

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Someone should send some pockets or AIOs- she'd be the most popular mama on the block!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts