Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am x-posting this in Birth and Beyond...<br><br>
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get a baby into optimum position before labour starts. I've heard that for many women the first part of labour is getting the baby to face the back, and that if it starts in an ideal position, you can save some labouring...<br><br>
Right now my baby's head is right down, but it's facing the left and it's body is sort of transverse as opposed to vertically oriented.<br><br>
I've heard spending time on your hands and knees can help. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Going to the chiropractor in the weeks before your due date is always a good idea to help bring baby to the optimum position.<br><br>
Keri

·
Registered
430 Posts
you can also get great info on spinningbabies.com ( i'm pretty sure it's .com, if not, google for spinningbabies)- also, can google "optimal fetal positioning", and my midwife swears that the best way is to spend 3- plus m inutes a day in a serious squat, like a yoga position, heels down, hands by heart, etc...<br>
ITA with chiro advice, I've been going for the last few weeks myself, and hope to continue through the end... and beyond, of course!!<br>
GL!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Mine was posterior and my mw had me do pelvic rocking - I don't have an ultrasound machine to tell for sure, but my back doesn't hurt during BH near as much now - HTH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts