Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little dude isn't walking yet, but he cruises everywhere. He stays barefoot or he wear socks. I don't know what kind of shoes to get him when he does start to walk. I'll keep him barefoot when he's at home, but I'd like shoes for when we're out. I know soft-soled are the best but there seems to be a lot to choose from. Any recommendations would be great. FWIW, we are financially strapped and I absolutely cannot afford to pay $30 for shoes. I was just looking at Pedipeds online and they are about $30 bucks. Anything similiar out there for less money?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like the robeez and was fortunate to get a few pairs bought for DD/handed down to her. The target knockoffs, I've heard from friends, don't stay on as good and also are not washable. But, if you really can't muster the $ up for robeez, go for 'em! Look at second hand shops too. We have a great little shop near us that actually sells new robeez at a cheaper price...around $22. Good luck.

·
Registered
596 Posts
We like the Target knockoffs just fine. They stay on Brenten's feet, and have been thrown in the washer a few times now.

~heather

·
Registered
595 Posts
Joshoes.com

They start at like $14 and are custom made, too!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
another vote for the target ones. They are not the cutest but they are well priced and seem to hold up well.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
we love joshoes. they're the best deal around, i think. we also have a couple pairs of the target shoes. honestly i like them best for little babies because they have the thinnest soles.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I went to stride rite store and they measured my ds's feet and told me the size. The shoes are 43 bucks there, but I went home and got exactly the same I saw in store on-line for 13$...no tax, no shipping
Check amazon, for example
http://www.amazon.com/Stride-Rite-In...0595016&sr=8-8,
they have many different styles on sale. I personally prefer to have a new shoes for the baby when the baby just start walking since each child has different feet.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thAttempt View Post
I went to stride rite store and they measured my ds's feet and told me the size. The shoes are 43 bucks there, but I went home and got exactly the same I saw in store on-line for 13$...no tax, no shipping
Check amazon, for example
http://www.amazon.com/Stride-Rite-In...0595016&sr=8-8,
they have many different styles on sale. I personally prefer to have a new shoes for the baby when the baby just start walking since each child has different feet.
I won't even put my 3 yr old in stride rite shoes. They're WAY too stiff in sizes for walking toddlers.

-Angela

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I bought a pair of pedipeds and lost one two weeks later :sad: But we di get three pair of hand me down soft soled. One robeez, one bobux and one target. teh Bobux are the best I have washed them they did shrink a little and they do not cut off ds's circulation. He has cankles :LOL:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like ShoesZoo (I think that's how it's spelled?) on eBay. $10 a pair for cute soft soled shoes, and they've always held up well for us. Bambinos from Babies Beyond Borders are adorable. Never owned a pair of Robeez, but we have had Pedipeds and Pedoodles (and See Kai Run for an older, walking child). Yeah, they're all cute, but why spend a lot of $$$ if you don't have to? My kids outgrow everything quickly so I can't justify expensive shoes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.