Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is finicky about so many things. So half the time she rides in the cart and sometimes she wants to be in the sling. Usually starts in the cart and than goes to sling(I just carry it along and use it as a cushion for the cart seat) But I am thinking she would really like one of those cart covers. Is there a place someone could recommed to buy one? Something non toxic b/c she will put her mouth all over it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommie2littleones
I use the Floppy Seat. Its great because you can use it on the carts or in high chairs.
Yep, the one I suggested fits into the highchair as well with a little extra effort. I like that fact that it is so snug in there because restaurant high chairs are too big for little ones and they can slip around and possibly out!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoNatalee
Wow, I love both of those. Does anyone know if you can hook toys on the toile print one?
Yep, there are tabs for hooking stuff. The pillow is on a tab. May you could get those link rings and attach to the tabs.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom
Yep, there are tabs for hooking stuff. The pillow is on a tab. May you could get those link rings and attach to the tabs.

Thanks, I love that print

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
The baby section of some supermarkets have shopping cart covers. That's where we bought outs. We paid about $25 for ours though I've seen them for as low as $20.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
buggy bagg!!!

http://www.arunningstroller.com/Merc...de=Accessories

i am on my second child with it. I have bug print, I think it is. It's been laundered AT LEAST 20 times in the last 3 years and it still looks brand new.

I love the fact that it has a pillow - and even when baby gets older - you can put him/her in the big part of the shopping cart - just spread it out so he can continue to nap, once he's too big to fit sideways in the 'regular' child part. (my nursling is 24 lbs (almost 7 months) and way too heavy for me to carry in my arms while shopping with my toddler - and he won't stay in a sling. We've tried every one out there!)

Another cool thing about buggy baggs - they sell for close to retail USED on eBay. So you'll recoup much of your investment, and if you have multiple children, I swear, you'll still love it as much with the next kid as the first one. A lot of stuff I used with ds 1 I gave away, but this, the buggy bagg, I kept and will continue to keep til I'm done with kids.

It fits in regular shopping carts as well as Sam's club carts.

if you order from the link I attached, she (marilyn, owner) ships free, AND no tax if you don't live in Florida - where her brick and mortor store is.

Love,
BettyAnn

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amila
Hey hun, I have that cover in the toile print, and I love it! It is a bit pricey, so you might want to look around, but it works great, and is really pretty. HTH!

Amy
Thanks Amy, yes it is pricey. I haven't decied for sure yet. There are so many choices. I'm really loving that print though

·
Registered
39 Posts
I made a blanket-style cover like this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Baby-Shopping-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

I spent about $40 on fabric, but that was because I chose some Pooh fleece that was pretty expensive and I bought extra fabric. If you know how to sew, you could probably make it for half that if you buy plain fleece on sale.

I wanted a cover to make the cart more comfortable, so I sewed padding inside. It seems very comfy, and dd is much happier now. We also used it in a high chair last weekend and it worked very well. It kept her from sliding around or falling over in the chair.

I still sling dd (and she often prefers the sling), but sometimes my back needs a break and the cover makes it more comfortable for her.

Laura

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.