Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Mommas -- who have tots or kids -- what is on YOUR shopping list fo THIS new baby?

here is the start of mine

a 2nd sling -- one for house, one for car (or one for each child?)

a pack and play for downstairs to have a safe place to put the baby (can use crib upstairs)

want to try a water sling / wrap for the shower and pool (and to keep ds from helping baby in the shower) but this i am not sure about

bed rail for Dh's side of the bed, there is one on mine alrady

bigger, stronger, better breast pump

.... i know i had thought of more but can't think of it now.......

soooooooooooooo what is on YOUR list

Aimee

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Maybe a water sling...

Pack & Play

Infant carseat

2nd bed rail

Possibly an infant insert for my Ergo

Double stroller
:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well, I got rid of ALL of DD's baby stuff - I never thought I'd have another until I met DP. But I also learned last time that a lot of the stuff I had was unnecessary, so the list is shorter this time around.
DP told me in Nov (for my birthday) that he was ready to TTC, and I've been accumulating baby stuff since then, whenever I see a good deal. Most of the stuff I've gotten has been from consignment (cheap!), except for the CDs, which are all new.
So far I have:
*36 bitty prefolds and 7 xs covers
*36 bumGenius 1.0 OS pockets/inserts/doublers
*2 diaper pail liners
*convertible carseat
*stroller (a jogger, that was DD's)
*3 baby carriers (a stretchy wrap, a polarfleece sling and a light cotton sling)
*travel swing for grandparents' house
*bouncy seat
*moses basket
*mini cosleeper
*manual & electric breastpumps
* a few bottles in case of an emergency or a date

All I really need is clothes, which several friends will be passing along to me. I've also been offered a high chair and an exersaucer type thing, and I'm sure that I'll be inundated with toys. I'll need cabinet latches in the future, too, I suppose, and maybe a couple more baby gates - but those won't be necessary for a long time.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
nothing yet, I'm too scared to look ahead just yet...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2Gabriel03 View Post
I just need some small prefolds and covers!
Have you looked over on the co-op board? There's a link to a PF Co-op over at the christian moms forum. The prices are great and shipping is direct

·
Registered
750 Posts
If it's a girl I don't think we need anything, really. Maybe some newborn diapers, we used a service with DD for the first few months. She was so small though, she was still in the smallest size when we switched to washing our own anyway. I'll take inventory and see what we have. I'm borrowing a bedside co-sleeper since I assume DD will still be coming into our bed at night. If it's a boy I'll need some clothes but I have 3 nephews so there will be plenty of hand-me-downs. I am sure MIL will find all sorts of things on ebay that we "need" though.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Being on #3 we pretty much have everything we need. I do need to buy fabric so I can make some baby clothes and dipes (this little one needs mama made stuff, too
) and yarn so I can knit up some soakers and longies.
Our shopping list looks more like this:
~queen size mattress to put next to our current queen so the 5 of us can cosleep
~bigger vehicle (we want a larger SUV
: I'm not a minivan person, it's my only non-crunchy thing)
~uh, a house
We're in a 2br apt right now so a little more room would be nice
:

Aimee, what kind of breast pump were you looking for? I have a Medela double ease (similar to the double select) that's almost 3yo and like new (only used less than a dozen times). I don't need it and was thinking of selling it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I second the house! We have a 3 bdrm half house right now, with the two little guys sharing the itty bitty room, we can't fit anyone else. Especialy with all the homeschool books and things, plus dh's and my arts and crafts stuff for our business.

Other than that, we need a new infant car seat. And maybe a bouncy seat, we liked having that to be able to place baby out of toddler reach last time around. I have a ring sling, but would like to try another type as well. Possibly diapers, but haven't dug out what is up there yet, so won't know. Don't want to dig through stuff until after we move.

If it's a boy, I will likely be set at that. My last two were opposite seasons, so between them, I should be covered for clothes, unless there are things stained that I didn't notice.

If its a boy, I'm lookin' at a nakie baby, so will need a lot. My best friend has a lot of her daughter's but no idea what sizes and seasons, but it will help.

As far as just ideas for a list, my big things are just the basics. Place to sleep (whatever works for your family), carseat, stroller if you want one ( great for piling jackets and bags in
), lots of onesies, layerable clothes, receiving blankets, sling. Cold weather gear. The pack and play is great for a safe place.

I really am starting to believe that this is real finally, and really want to to webshopping (window style, can't spend lol) for baby stuff, but really don't need anything, so haven't let myself do it yet.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorteep View Post
yeah, what StacieM said........
Thanks, glad to know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Well, even though I'm a little nervous to get my hopes up quite yet, I've been thinking about this for months anyway. Here's what we need and want:

A new swing.

Lots of NB and small AIO's (preferrably VB and Bumgenious). I've got my med. and large stash set. But I do have a feeling in my spirit that I will be having twins, so I'll need lots of diapers.

Boy clothes? I've got plenty of gender neutral 0-3 month stuff since we never find out what we are having, but we may need more boy stuff after that since we have only had girls. That will have to wait until after the birth though.

A new wrap, maybe a few.

Another carseat (or two)

That's about all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
All we really need is NB diapers I think. We started CD'ing dd when she was 4 months, so I think we'll just do some infant prefolds till he/she can fit into dd's mediums.

I'll probably get a wrap too. I work in a natural parenting store (which will be dangerous this pregnancy
) and I always suggest wraps for teeny tiny babes so I guess by default I HAVE to get one

The timing worked out great though - we are having a huge sale on maternity and nursing clothes starting this Saturday.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
I work in a natural parenting store (which will be dangerous this pregnancy ) and I always suugest wraps for teeny tiny babes so I guess by default I HAVE to get one .

The timing worked out great though - we are having a huge sale on maternity and nursing clothes starting this Saturday.
not fair
I wanna come

A

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't really NEED much...just a new Britax Marathon.
I have tons of clothes, dipes, baby gear, slings...and I just got a new van...12 seater baby!!!
I guess that was a pretty big purchase for the baby. HAHA!!
Oh, and I may need a few things for the labor and delivery...just herbs and stuff that I like to have on hand.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Some stuff for labor (massage items, herbs, etc)
Postpartum pads
A new carseat
Moby wrap
infant and preemie prefolds (and snappis)
More cloth wipes
Some tshirts (I knit, so the baby is mostly going to be in longies, etc or soakers I've made)
a newborn to toddler rocker
Possibly a new pump, I have to check the condition on mine (it's been a while, LOL)
Wet bag (luckily I've got a few cool diaper bags, so I don't need to worry about those)
a Tres Tria
An ergo when the baby gets bigger
And of course, I would love a house LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.