Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had a miscarriage 3 months ago that apparently threw my body for a loop. I always had very normal cycles and was pretty fertile before this. I also had an IUD for 18 months (got pregnant on it, miscarried, and had it taken out to start TTC). Though I wasn't charting, I was very clearly ovulating with the IUD (good EWCM) and my cycles were fairly normal, though they weren't always a set 28 days.

Since my miscarriage, my cycles have been 21 days, 26 days and now 25 days. I did not chart this month, but last month FF gave me crosshairs at CD17. I had very little EWCM. I had a good initial temp spike, but then my temps came down but still stayed .2 to .3 degrees above my highest pre-O temps. My luteal phase would have only been 9 days.

This month, I had very little if any EWCM, didn't temp, didn't do the OPK's. New cycle started tonight, so if you count today in last months cycle it was only 25 days long. Either I'm not ovulating or my luteal phase is too short.

I did consult my dr. and she said she could refer me, but most dr's wouldn't help me until I've been trying for 6-12 months. What good does it do to "try" if my body isn't even fertile!?!? Really. I had a very early miscarriage, 5 weeks and from what I've read it's not normal for an early miscarriage to mess your body up so fricking much.

What should I do? I've got Vitex, Black Cohosh, EPO, and Vit. B 100 to take daily starting tonight. Should I press the dr.? Is there anything they can do? Should I just wait it out hoping my body will right itself?

·
Registered
653 Posts
My situation mirrors yours. *sigh*
If one more person tells me "Don't stress, you'll mess up your cycle." I'm going to trip and land my finger deep in their eye! I'm technically been TTC one month. I don't qualify as 'stressing'. To me it's being proactive.
I refuse to sit here twidling my thumbs for 6 month when I'm sure there's a problem.
I'm going to climb up the dr's nose tomorrow and irritate him till he gies me something to shut me up.

(No, I'm not up at 2am stressing. I have insomnia.)

Hugs to you too.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did a lot of research last night. If the dr's won't help me, I'll have to figure this out myself. First, I found something on the web that says a miscarriage can forever mess up your cycle. Yay, I was always fertile and regular before this, but may never return to that state naturally again.

I think I'm definitely on the right road with the herbs/supplements I listed above and I'll be sure to take them every day. But another suggestion was progesterone cream. I wonder where I would find this. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I found some at a health food store. I can't remember the name of it, but it's made from Yams. Appearantly the Yam progesterone is so close to human progestone that our bodies can't tell the difference...kind of like chocolate and orgasm. Hee hee
I was thinking of trying this after O never cycle.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, do you just use the progesterone cream after you ovulate?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've had prescription progesterone before, but not for over 10 years now. If I remember correctly you start using it on either day 10 or day 14 of your cycle and you use it for 10 days.
The bottle was a pump like lotion and it despensed a specific amount and you had to rub it on either your belly, thigh, butt, or boobs. You had to apply it to a different place everyday. The directions said when to start and how long to use it for. I can't remember the details. I was just reading it while standing there a few months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.