Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DD2, 20months, is sick.  She got a heavy cold on Sunday/Monday and yesterday spiked a fever and began pulling her ears so i'm guessing she's got an ear infection.  I'm in the UK where the advice is to give it a few days with pain relief and see if it improves as they no longer give automatic antibiotics for it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So her temp is 39.2C (102.5F) without medication and without medication she's really crying and crying and flipping her ears with her hands.  WIth pain meds she's about 37.6C (99.68) and in a fairly bright mood picking at food, playing with her toys etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>She nursed all. night. long (she's typically night-weaned now) and has nursed 6 times since we got up at 7am (it's midday here).  I'm eating a ton of good food (not just calories but fats and carbs and protein), i'm drinking lots of water, i'm exhausted (got 3 hours sleep) so i'm sitting still/resting (can't sleep as she's awake) as much as possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there anything else i can do to increase my supply for the next day or two?  I do have some herbs left over from when i was donating to a friend, but i seem to remember it taking 3-6 days of herbs and full-on pumping regimen before i saw an increase...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do worry when she's ill as she's only 21lbs and she remains so because though she periodically creeps up a bit heavier, every time she gets ill (which has been almost constantly since DD1 started school) she stops bothering with solid food and drops whatever she'd gained again.</p>

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
<p>"Mother's Milk Tea" by Traditional Medicinals really seems to make a difference.  I don't know if you can get it in the UK though</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts