Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 17 months post partum & nursing. I was diagnosed Hypothyroid/Hashimoto's one year ago and I am taking Synthroid. Prior, I had no trouble conceiving, pregnant the first try.<br>
The problem is that I spot exactly one week for a week prior to my period. It's like clockwork! My periods are also medium to light with no cramping, PMS, etc. This occurred before I was pregnant as well and I used the Progesterone cream, which worked.<br>
I got my period back 3 months post partum. I began having the same spotting. After seeing the OB, I bought the Prog. cream again. I have now used it twice (2 cycles) and it has <b>not</b> worked!!<br><br>
What does this mean? Is this related to my thyroid issues? What can I do? What will the doctors do?<br><br>
Most importantly, does this mean I will have trouble getting or staying pregnant?<br><br>
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not sure if it's related to your thyroid prob but I know messed up thyroid can confuse everything! I didn't have LP issues but I didn't ovulate before meds. Are you still checking your thyroid labs regularly? I ask bc you said you were diagnosed a year ago and I know some docs will see one normal lab result after beginning treatment and decide that's that. In reality it can take a while to get the dose right so you should check your levels periodically until you're sure it's right.<br><br>
It took me a couple of years and 4 docs before I was adequately treated. Also can post partum thyroid probs be temporary? Not sure. Definitely have your doc check your thyroid levels (not just TSH).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've been checked by my endocrinologist every 3 months! Usually just TSH and T4 but last time (june) he did those plus my T3. My results came back in the normal range but my TSH changed quite drastically from my previous results even though it was considered to be in the normal range. (which explains why I've been really sluggish and my hair is falling out again!!)<br><br>
Thanks again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts