Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for a pretty long time and feel it's high time I introduce myself properly! I am sort of shy when it comes to meeting new people, but lately I am feeling more and more alone in the way I parent and I really need to chat with some like-minded people.

Anyway, I am Katherine (28), my DH is Chris (31) and we are parents to dd, Emma Kate, who just turned 15 months old. We are still BFing, she is CD'd, and in general we try to practice AP/NFL. It is a journey for me, because in the beginning I was clueless and affected by the mainstream point of view. I was still less mainstream than most (Emma Kate has never CIO, for example), but I have been learning a lot over the last year or so. Just a few weeks ago we finally committed to cosleeping, and I am thrilled about it. I find myself looking forward to going to bed so I can snuggle with my little girl.

Until this past October, either DH or I was always home with Emma Kate - we worked opposite schedules and I worked part of my 40 hrs. from home. In October we moved from Raleigh, NC to Southwest Virginia so we could be closer to family. We are temporarily living with my parents until our house sells. I am now WOH 40+ hours per week and I more or less hate it. My mom and dad watch Emma Kate during the day. We are working towards a goal of me being able to stay home in a couple of years when, hopefully, the next baby is born. Because I make more $ than DH, I will probably only be able to stay home for 2 years or so, but then he could become a SAHD.

A little more about me, personally... I have a Master's degree in (get this) Human Development and Family Studies. I am a statistician for a fairly large hospital system. I love photography, computers, and my pets. I was trying to teach myself to knit but I just don't have the time these days. I play handbells and used to play trumpet and piano, and I sing (alto). And, I know this is about as far away from this forum as you could get, but I keep up with NASCAR. I have such a mixed bag of interests and beliefs that most of the time I feel like there's no one I can see eye-to-eye with.

But right now I am really in need of some support for my parenting choices, and would love to make some new friends. Hopefully I can get over my shyness and be brave enough to post often!

Nice to "meet" you all...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hello
and

You're gonna love it here! Everyone is so great and accepting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.