Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WOH 2 days a week. Every weekend, 12 hours each day. DS is 16 months, nurses a lot during the day, and wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to nurse. The only time he gets a bottle is from DH on the weekends. During the week I nurse him and give him water in a straw sippy cup.
Lately, he will not drink milk from a bottle. DH says he tried the straw sippy cup with milk and he still won't take it. He's always awake when I get home from work, so I take a shower, nurse him on the couch a little so I can cuddle, then I go nurse him to sleep. If he won't take milk from DH, that means he's only getting whatever he drinks during the night.
He eats plenty of solids, but he will not drink cow milk. He eats yogurt, fruit, veggies, bread, olive oil, peanut butter.
Is this okay if he won't drink ebm on the weekends like he used to?

· Registered
2,550 Posts
If I understand your post correctly, your DS is 16 months old, eats a variety of solids and nurses well five days a week. Is that right? I wouldn't worry.

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry. That post is all over the place.

Yes, everything you said is right. Thanks.

It's odd though, he just out-of-the-blue stopped taking ebm from dh.

· Registered
396 Posts
Have you tried using a new cup that he hasn't seen before? I find when my DS won't eat or drink that if I do something to mix it up he will again, it's all about presentation with him. If that works maybe you could rotate cups so he always has something new and interesting. DS likes to use things he sees us using, like water bottles designed for adults (like the kind with straws or just the kind you buy bottled water in that has a nipple), or small versions of a regular cup/mug. I think he enjoys experimenting with getting more to drink in a sip rather than the baby sippy cups that restrict the flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.