Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS will be 30 months in July. He has always been EXTREMELY verbal and is very advanced language-wise for his age.

I've noticed recently, however, that when he gets excited about something, he stammers. Like when he wants to say, "Will you please mommy do X" he starts by saying, "W-W-W-W". Sometimes I've reminded him to slow down and tell me what he wants, but he doesn't seem to understand that yet. This only seems to really happen when he is excited or maybe even anxious about a new situation.

My question then is: Should this intermittent speech problem worry me at this age???

TIA for any insight/advice.

· Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobica-Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was not yet freaked out worrying about this, but I knew if it continued w/out me at least asking a few questions, then I would feel worried about it. This behavior does not seem to be associated with any other physical or tick-like thing, either. We were with a bunch of family this weekend and he seemed to stammer more-he was VERY excited all weekend, so I'm assuming that's what this was about.
Whew-thank you. I will continue to watch this, though.

lilmissmama-This is how I feel about DS-knows what he wants to say, but can't get it out sometimes.

· Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mamapoppins-Thanks for your reply. And I hope you are getting some insight and encouragment from these replies, too-especially Bobica's insight.

Bobica-Thank you! I read briefly the link you attached and it is really helpful. And your thoughts were not just mere ramblings to me! They were REALLY helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.