Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. My lmp was 11/18. I got positive pregnancy tests since 12/13. On Wednesday morning, 12/17 I wiped and saw some brownish/pinkish stuff. I haven't had that much since. Nothing on my undies. This morning when I wiped, I saw only a streak. I've had mild cramps off and on, not unusual for me.
So, I am sort of freaking out..is it something? is it nothing?
I believe everything is fine, but it seems to late for implantation spotting, right?
TIA
Rebecca

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
From what I've read, it's actually very common to have spotting in early pregnancy. If you're really worried, is going in to get a beta drawn an option?

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
It is common but can't be from implantation like the other mama said. Implantation is usually 7-10 dpo and your body does not produce hcg (the hormone you need to get a bfp) until after implantation.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
I'm going through the same thing. my lmp was 11/19 and I've had positive tests. but I've also had spotting. I went to the dr today and she put me on progesterone and ran a quantitative beta. Their in office test was only faintly positive, but drs office urine tests are notoriously not as sensitive as home tests.

:
:

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts

There is a statistic that says that 30% of women will have first trimester bleeding and half of those go on to have healthy pregnancies. That was comforting to me. To quote my dr today - it's not always an ominous sign.

It is absolutely nerve wracking though.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not in you DDC, but I've had major bleeding and continual spotting throughout my first trimester. I am 13 weeks now. It's really scary to see any blood, but it's not *always* bad. I hope the best for you and this pregnancy!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies/support. I'm anxious to hear Texaspeach's results! I had some spots/streaks once this morning, only when I wiped. I took another test because I'm a dork! It was a digital, and within 1-2 minutes,it said pregnant. I just want the spotting to stop!! On the one hand, its barely noticeable. On the other hand, its all I notice!
I like what you said Jillian, I had already told myself this was going to be my worry-free pregnancy...and then I wiped and the worries flooded in.
I've been having babies since 1997, so this a shock for me.
Sticky vibes to all!
Rebecca

·
Registered
134 Posts
The same thing happened to me today. I am 4 weeks and 4 days. There's nothing on my undies but when I wipe, it's red and brownish. No cramps though. I already have an appt. with midwife on Tuesday to confirm pregnancy. We're in the middle of a snowstorm so I couldn't even get to midwife today even if they are open--and they may have closed b/c of storm! UGH this is agony! I'm sure everything is fine but it's very worrisome!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please update after your appointment.
I haven't had anymore today. If it was to be a miscarriage, I'm wondering how long before actual bleeding?
Worrisome is an understatement!
sticky vibes
Rebecca

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another question...I still breastfeed my 14 month old. He doesn't nurse lots during the day, morning/noon/bedtime. But at night, he nurses off and on ALL NIGHT!
I only notice the horrible/scary/barely there brownish/pinkish discharge in the morning. Could my all night nursing sessions cause spotting?
I know, I know...I'm grasping for straws!
Rebecca
ps day 5 of this

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.