Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please! I'm leaving in like an hour for SoCal, it's about 3 hours away. (Of course instead of showering I'm on here!)

We'll only be gone for 24 hours and I have plenty of neighbors willing to let the dogs out, but I have one dog who has a hard time going more than 4-5 hours without peeing, so I'm bringing her. And then I'm like, "Well, if I'm bringing her, I should bring our tiny 10lb dog because she is small and doesn't make much of a difference."

And then I'm like, "Well if I'm bringing 2 dogs, I might as well bring the third dog -- who gets carsick -- because he would be lonely without the other two."

*yes, we're staying with dh's grandparents, they love dogs, we have brought all of them before, so that's not an issue*

Please input me! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
i say bring em all or pn;y bring the furst one. i feel bad for the dog w/ cae sickness though, our old lab was like that too. have a fun and safe trip!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I took both of our dogs on a 5 hour drive campign last year and the Senile Lady pooped in the back and then jumped ALL OVER the car full of gear while I pulled off the road and opened the back door for her.

So, this year, she stays home.

I felt sad for her last year; ie. she'd be lonely, etc. No way, no how I'm making that mistake this time. 5 hours is too long for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.