Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Okay today (I am 30 weeks) I feel that the baby has dropped a bit, and I have had period like cramps on and off all day....not Braxton HIcks.....very period crampy. I do remember these with my other two daughters but I don't remember when they started.</p>

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
<p>I think if you are worried you should call your mw.  I'm really not sure how you tell period like cramps from BH though.</p>

·
Registered
156 Posts
<p>I would call my midwife if I were you. </p>

·
Registered
179 Posts
<p>Do call when you are concerned, but once you've called, don't worry too much!  So many women here are developing all kinds of pains and aches, incl. myself (have got myself checked into L&D twice already over the past few weeks...).</p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>yup, i'd call. not necessarily worry but just for reassurance.</p>

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>period cramps vs. BH for me. Very different. Period cramps are crampy and achy, BH feel more like a tighting and letting go....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This feeling went away so I haven't called my midwife yet.</p>

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
<p>Interesting.  My BH are sometimes just a tightening but are quite often a combo of the two.  It gets pretty uncomfortable and is pretty much like the 24 hrs of labor I had (last time) before I moved into active/transition.</p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>i wonder if it's because baby's dropping? i'm having the exact same thing - distinct from my top-strong braxton hicks. but as far as i can tell my cervix is unaffected (we'll check again on wednesday).</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts