Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just writing this question makes it sound even more foolish than I already feel...

I have very powerful dreams all the time, even more so during pregnancy. Last pregnancy, those dreams were almost all of them terrifying. This time, I've had mostly very positive, spiritual, beautiful dreams.
Until the night before last. I had the most frightening dream ever, and several variations of that same dream since. I can't shake the feelings it left me with, and I'm terrified something like what I dreamt will happen during delivery of my baby. AND I'm afraid that my fears will make it happen.
It really helped to tell DH about it, but I want to talk with my midwife or someone who can understand these fears... BUT, I don't think a silly dream constitutes any sort of emergency or is justifiable cause for calling her on the phone. And I'm not sure I can talk about it without busting into tears (it had such a profound effect on me).

So you midwives out there - tell me, do you think I should call her? Has anyone called you with such a strange "problem" before?

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Stacy, I'm not a midwife or a doula, but I think you should call. You're delivering at the Farm, right? I would think they of all people would be understanding. They can call you back when it's convenient for them, it doesn't have to be a huge interruption in their day to talk to you for a little while.

My midwife spent a good deal of time one day talking to me about my sick dog, whom I had to euthanize. I was grief-stricken, and worried sick that being grief-stricken would adversely affect ds in utero. She took me seriously, and it was a big help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts