Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend got me this gift certificate for a massage when dd was born, I finally got it done today!

Question is, I know that massage releases toxins into the bloodstream, will this affect my milk? I am pumping before I get dd from the sitter, just in case.

Should I dump it, which I hate to do, or give it to her at daycare this week?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going off of what the massuese (sorry for the spelling) told me.

I think it was lactic acid that is released from the muscles?

She wasnt sure about the milk thing, and I have never read anywhere not to bf after a deep massage, but I know that some moms dont get deep massages during pregnancy for fear of the toxins that can be released.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all of the responses!

I never thought about excercising doing the same thing! (I guess I should excercise more) I didnt get a deep tissue or lymphatic massage, which I think are the most likely to release toxins.

It is scary to think about the toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis and passing that on, but that is the subeject for another thread!

As far as the lying on the stomach goes, I asked to be on my tummy for as little time as possible. But my baby is almost a year, so I dont have the hard breasts anymore. I had to leave my bra on (straps down) though to minimize the sheet rubbing.

Yeah to the mommas taking time for themselves!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.