Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now we're still loving the
! But at some point in his life he's gonna need to move out! My question is this:
Ds is 14.5 months now and I don't need him to move into his own bed anytime in the near future. He sleeps pretty well with us and I don't mind the night nursing as it's dwindled to 1-2wice a night now. We have his fun stuff set up in the living room and the basement right now. The only thing we do in his room is change his diaper. He loves to play on the family bed as well. Will it make a difference when it comes time for him to acclamate to his own bed/room if he isn't used to having fun time in there? I think he may take to it beter if he enjoys being there. It's just a small room and there isn't much room to play. Plus in the living room I don't feel like he's as isolated as he would be in his room down the hall. I can cook in the kitchen and peek around the corner and keep an eye on him.

What do yall think?

Amy

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
We make our bedrooms, bedrooms. No toys, just bed and clothes. There are two sides to this. If a child has fun in his/her room they will want to sleep in there. Plus if they wake up early they might play quietly for a while. Then there is the thought that it is a bedroom and you need to sleep in it, not play. We have found that by making it a sleep only place it makes nap time easier. Otherwise we end up having to constantly put him back in his bed. Thats what works for us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts