Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who miscarried the other day and I feel absolutely awful for her. I don't know what to do. I was thinking about getting her this angel baby necklace, but I didn't know if that is weird or would be depressing or anything. If it were you and this were your second miscarriage in a row, would you want to receive an angel baby necklace like this one? =tags&includes[]=title]Here.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I'd bawl all over you, but yes, I'd appreciate that kind of thoughtfulness, if it were me. I'd think it would help her to know there are those in her life that still believe her babies were living, precious miracles. Many times miscarriages are written off because for everyone else, the pregnancy wasn't really real yet. For the mama, of course, we know it was. I think it's a beautiful sentiment.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mamas. I am so scared to offend her or anything but my heart just aches for her. I have never had a miscarriage so I don't really know what it's like - it's different to mourn the loss of future children rather than mourning a child that was in your body just two days ago, does that make sense?

Anyway, I will go ahead and order her that necklace. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I have a collection of notes and emails that friends sent me during and after my miscarriage, and I find that I am greatly comforted, when I think of that time, to have these tokens of love and sympathy.

It's very sweet of you to think of this, and yes, expect your friend to cry all over you, because beautiful gestures do that to people. She may choose to wear it or not, but any reminder of friendship in a hard time is a treasure.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Your gift will mean the world to her...I know how much something like that would mean to me. What a lovely friend you are.....

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
that gift would have meant the world to me! you are an amazing friend!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.