Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Avent has sip cups for infant starting at 3 months of age. Should I start giving ds his formula in one of these instead of his bottle, while I am trying to get him to my breast? He loves his bottle and he is so grateful for it when I give it to him after we have tried the breast. He's a baby who loves to suck. I'm just trying to think of ways to get him to prefer my breast.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
I think it's worth a try. He can suckle at the breast as much as he needs to so I don't think it would be depriving him of anything. Maybe just try it for a day or two and see if you think it's stressing him out too much or not. He probably will appreciate your nipples more w/o the bottle ones being offered too.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I found the valve in the Avent sippy cups rather tough - dd couldn't really drink out of them until she was much older. If the Avent doesn't work for you, try the Tommy Tippee cup. And try taking the valves out altogether if you think your ds is struggling with them.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Quote:
And try taking the valves out altogether if you think your ds is struggling with them. ~wombat
I wouldn't take the valve out if he does struggle. He'll get the formula without any work that way and he might refuse the breast completely. We use the Gerber soft spout sippy cups for my 8 month old. They might be better than a hard-spouted cup. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.