Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had a very rough day.

ds is having a rough time with transitions lately. and in order for things to go smoothly i've been bribing him and making promises i can't always keep. he is in love with my mother, who he calls nanee and i usually say things like "if you are a brave boy today we can go to nanees house after i pick you up!"

anyway, we are house sitting across the street from my parents. i thought this would be awesome but its a lot more work then i realized it would be. so my moms been watching my dog and i go and get her every night before bed. tonight at 745 we went to get her and i told ds that we were just going to give hugs and come back after getting clover. we did just that but when it was time to leave the house he lost it. screaming bloody murder. i could not calm him down or explain it away so i just picked him up and carried him outside. my mom followed, he kept screaming. and the neighbor across the street came out to see what was going on. i can't blame her i guess. i waved and said "sorry, he is upset, he just doesn't want to leave grandmas". my mom went back in her house. rhys and i went to the house we are staying at and he started to calm down and was crying "just one more hug, just one more hug" so i took him back over real quick for one more hug and he was done with his fit. he even apologized right off the bat, jeez.

so i got him to bed no problem tonight but it dawned on me that every other night we have had a tantrum at bed time over being done nursing for the night. and the windows have been open.

so now i'm freaking out that the neighbor is going to call CPS on me :( : ( :(
she has a grown son so certainly she understands right? should i walk over there with rhys tomorrow to show her how happy and wonderful he usually is? or is that totally unnecessary?

my home home i left a total mess when we moved over her for the last 2 weeks. should i fake sick and take tomorrow off and clean it up? rhys is with his dad all weekend so i was hoping to use that time to clean instead. its mostly laundry and stuff everywhere. the dishes are done though which is actually unusual, oy.

i'm probably being silly.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I really wouldn't bother. I'm assuming he is happy and healthy looking? Is clean and tidy and not covered in bruises? If so, which I guessing is the case, then you should have nothing to worry about. I would be insanely suprised if someone called CYFS because a 3yo has been throwing alot of tantrums.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinekristine View Post

i told ds that we were just going to give hugs and ... we did just that but when it was time to leave the house he lost it. screaming bloody murder. i could not calm him down or explain it away so i just picked him up and carried him outside. my mom followed, he kept screaming. and the neighbor across the street came out to see what was going on. i can't blame her i guess. i waved and said "sorry, he is upset, he just doesn't want to leave grandmas". my mom went back in her house. rhys and i went to the house we are staying at and he started to calm down and was crying "just one more hug, just one more hug"
My daughter carrys on like this the last month or so and she is nearly two years older then your DS. Transitions can be very tough for our little ones.
irked.gif
I wish had the solution be each time I am more frustrated then the last. Any attempts to prepare my DD for the goodbye without the hysterics seam to be in vain. On our case this is happening when saying goodbye to anyone except for her father. She apparently has no problem leaving him
shrug.gif

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
i'm sorry you're worrying about that. i don't think it's silly, but i think you're safe. if you want to, the next time you see her out, you could just say, "rhys has been having such a hard time going to sleep lately - i hope his crying isn't disturbing you." if nothing else, it's an opportunity for some support/commiseration and a hug! i'm sure she does understand.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you. i am feeling so much better about it all. i was just feeling so self concious of his behaivor. now i am actually quite annoyed with neighbor lady. honestly... after she saw that he was having a tantrum and not hit by a car or being beat, she should have gone back inside. her standing there watching acting like she wanted to come over and "help" was making it harder for me to not second guess my decisions. also, if she had walked over DS would have just fliped out even more so not helpful really.

thank you again for the reassurance. i really appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. She may have just been avoiding going back in the house for reasons of her own that had nothing to do with you guys. Maybe she was having terrible gas or something. You never know. I'm pretty sure most people know that kids throw tantrums sometimes and that parents have to stick to their guns sometimes. It's obvious you weren't beating him or anything. Even if she did call CPS, they're going to see what is going on. Big deal. That woman has no advantage to be gained by calling CPS on you. Sounds like you need a good night's sleep or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.