Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>First off this is my second blighted ovum..... the first one I spotted and cramped/passed some clots for about 3 and a half weeks and had a d & c..... this one started off sort of similiar with the spotting and cramping but i didn't want the d & c ... last week my hcg levels were 3900 and one week later they were 8000 so the midwife had me get them tested one more time and they dropped to 7200 and that is the night , well let me say first the spotting turned into light bleeding.... but the night I had my hcg drop it turned into full out cramping and bleeding, but the cramping wasn't that painful but i did bleed enough to change my pad every couple of hours... this morning it isn't as heavy and I did not pass the sac or anything... I talked to the midwife and they wanted me to have an ultrasound but I wasn't sure if I wanted one... she thought maybe I should have passed more than just the blood but I dont know if she was sure...  is this normal to not pass the sac yet ? should I go in for the ultrasound after all? I am worried after all this they will push cytotec or d and c which I don't really want now...  thanks for any advice...</p>

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
<p>janarae- I am sorry for your loss. I would follow up with an ultrasound at some point just to make sure you have passed everything, if it seems unusual to you. Sepsis from an incomplete miscarriage would just add insult to injury.<br>
 </p>

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>thanks... I actually didn't miscarry that night... the next day everything kicked back in hardcore around 4pm and i did soak through a few pads pretty quickly and lost about 6 or 7 decent sized clots........ everything seems ok now so I think I passed everything and it was pretty intense... I'm just glad I didn't need to go the cytotec route because the natural miscarriage was bad enough...<br>
 </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts