Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I'm 9dpo and I have a physical therapy appt tomorrow to help strengthen my back. Only problem is that they do a lot with electrostim and what not...is that safe in the 2ww?

I'm not sure what to do! I don't exactly want to go 'oh and we've been ttc for a year and i'm in my tww so can we hold off on the electrostim stuff?'

· Registered
675 Posts
I know when I go to the Chiro, they have an option for the nodes or the ultra sound. Can you ask for the ultra sound instead? I know sometimes they prefer the nodes because they don't need a tech standing there to do it, but it can't hurt to ask....can it?

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Rather than doing the TTC song and dance all you really need to say is that you could potentially be pg and ask if those devices are safe in early pregnancy?

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
I know when I go to the Chiro, they have an option for the nodes or the ultra sound. Can you ask for the ultra sound instead? I know sometimes they prefer the nodes because they don't need a tech standing there to do it, but it can't hurt to ask....can it?
Oh that may be an option! I've never had them ask/tell me about something different but it never hurts to ask!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Rather than doing the TTC song and dance all you really need to say is that you could potentially be pg and ask if those devices are safe in early pregnancy?
Ohh...that would be good too...maybe it could lead into the ultrasound convo. I just never know how to phrase things! They'll probably look at me funny since dh goes there to get his therapy too and they know how bedridden he is, but oh well! I suppose he'll just look like the man

· Premium Member
4,351 Posts
i was doing a lot of PT while TTc in the last few years, and yeah we would always skip electrostim in the TTW and also not ultrasound in the lower most back area, we usally did not have a hard time rotating things around the issue.

i worked for a long time with one tech and so i chose to tell him what was going on with me, and so each month i did not have to "make things up"
if you wil be seeing them for a while, you may think about what to tell them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.