Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow we will settle the paperwork with our midwife. The partner questionaire has questions about the partner's family, like how the mother feels about this and that and how the partner's mother's births were.

I am sure my husband has no idea and he can't ask either. His family stopped talking to him when he married me. Should I just send my midwife a quick note through e-mail that this is the case? The point is, I know he doesn't like talking about it and I'd feel bad for him if she asked him in person on why it's blank or what happened or anything related to the subject really.

Would you say that's a good idea?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If he doesn't want to talk about it I would definately let her know before hand.That's really what those questions are all about.To know the mind set of the people involved in your birth.So just let her know the situation without your husband there.I think an email would be fine if your pretty sure she will check her emails before your husband see her.If not just give her a call.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Well that's good.She probably realizes that if that section wasn't filled out there is a reason and knows people can be sensitive about family issues.You might want to consider letting her in on the situation though just so she doesn't bring it up later.

Good luck on your journey!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.