Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am almost ready to start my business which will be predominantly online but also selling products to local consumers as well. i just found out yesterday that there is another girl in town that has the exact same idea and is about to start as well. she has lived in the area longer and is already involved in many of the attachment parenting circles. i have talked to her briefly on the phone and will be meeting with her next week in person. she seems very nice and we are considering working together somehow to sell the products in this area. i am excited because i she has some great ideas and great contacts, however i am also a little concerned since i like making my own decisions about the business and i don't need the financial backing. also, i don't want there to be any hard feelings (or worse) if one of us doesn't work as hard as the other. in some ways i would like to stay on my own, but i'm very worried since she already has a lot of good contacts. what do you all think? is there a way to work together with her without going full on partners? btw, we will be selling many of the same products, although not all.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love getting feedback from all of you. it helps me sort through my thoughts better. my biggest concern is that many moms in the AP circles (in my town) already know and like her and of course will buy from her even if i sell the same product at a reduced rate. i know there are at least a few product lines that we both want to sell that are exactly the same. is there any way to work around this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.