Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dentist last week to get my wisdom tooth pulled but he couldn't do it cuz its partially impacted so i hafta go to an oral dentist or something like that. The dentist said my gums are infected and gave me antibiotics and i haven't taken them "yet"! Should I? What would you do?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Yes. The concern is that the infection can get into your bloodsteam during the dental work and infect other parts of you, like your heart. I think I've read that there is an association between such infections and heart problems--not recalling specifics, sorry.<br><br>
Specifically in your case, they cannot do the work while you have an active infection. I don't know how impacted wisdom teeth progress, but I think they can cause other problems--hence their usually being removed.<br><br>
Antibiotics aren't bad. Overuse of them is. This does not sound like a case of inappropriate usage to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you definitely have to take antibiotic if you have infection or inflammation going on in your body. Just make sure that you take a lot of probiotic with your antibiotics because they destroy good microflora in your tummy.<br>
You can also take natural antibiotic if you would like to use alternative medicine.<br>
Probiosan or Vironal is good to take with antibiotic. They both protect the microflora in stomach.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i started taking the antibiotics and now i'm having stomach cramps, is that probably cuz of the antibiotics eliminating the microflora? The healthfood stores weren't open yesterday to get any priobotics but i'll get them today along with probiosan or vironal. Thank You!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts