Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this brand new 4.1m Storch that does the most comfortable strap carry (my usual everyday carry) I've ever felt, and also a good rucksack carry (which I was never able to do before).

I've been trying the back wrap cross carry for months and just not got it. I was hoping the Storch would help, but it doesn't. I think Dd is just too much of a leaner
:

So, if you were me, with a 30lb 15mos Dd, and a second sling was not an option, would you keep the 4.1m Storch, in hopes of learning the bwcc someday? or would you trade it in for a 3.6 that does the strap & rucksack carries without dragging a bunch of extra fabric?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Hmmm...if the other carries work for you and you really don't need the cross wrap carry then I guess I'd go with the shorter length.
BUT...if you think you still want to keep trying it (sometimes it just clicks KWIM?) or if you might be having another baby that you'd do the front cross wrap-then I'd keep it.

OR...if you can afford another 4.1 wrap in the FUTURE and you really only need the shorter length now then go with the shorter one for ease of use. At least they are often on the different FSOT babywearing boards so you could get another in the future if you wanted.

Not much help but just wanted to offer some ideas

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you planning to have any more kids? I would say to keep the longer one if you may have any more little ones in the future. You may appreciate having the extra length to do different carries with a newborn in the future. If you aren't planning to have any more, then I would get the shorter length to do the carries that you and your dc enjoy!

Glad to hear you like your Storch....I'm waiting for mine to be delivered!!!!

Gail

·
Registered
545 Posts
I can do the BWCC with my 3.7m Storch. I don't know if you know what I look like (compared to you in size), but I am all over my own website. LOL. I do NOT like longer wraps at all. I like the minimum amount of fabric. Also, I recommend you keep trying that BWCC. My son is a leaner too and I just get better and better with practice. I REALLY pull that first wrap around his body exaggeratedly tight and that helps so much with leaning.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all,

I decided to keep the 4.1 because I remembered
the reason I picked a Storch over another brand was I wanted to be sure it would carry me not only through the rest of Dd's babywearing days, but another baby if I have one and that I could pass it down to my kids for the first grandchild. So I want to be sure I have enough length to do a wcc with a new baby.

I think I'll stash away some pennies and keep an eye out for used wraps in a shorter length, just for the chance to try it out (and try out another brand/color maybe).

I am loving the Storch so far!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Have you tried the BWCC with the chest belt? To me, that is the best way to get them really close on that first wrap, and it lets you not have to stoop over so much and makes it easier to get the ends up over your shoulders.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did, and it's worse!
I can't seem to get her any closer, and when she leans the chest belt practically throttles me and it hurts. (I don't like the strap carry with the sling crossed in front either, so maybe it's just the way my body is shaped or something). I can get closer to satisfactory results without the chest belt -- it seems like the weight is distributed better that way. But I still always seem to end up leaning forwards to balance out Dd, who is swaying out from my back :eyeroll

I will keep trying. She's more willing lately to lean down flat against my back while I tie, which helps, and I think being in the rucksack often might also help her get the idea if YKWIM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.