Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Bamboo is highly processed. But oh gosh is it ever soft! I just got a bamboo Motherease Sandies diaper, and I'm wishing my underwear was made from that fabric!<br><br>
But in all reality, I'm starting to have second thoughts before I wash it. I wanted it for the natural-factor, and it wasn't until I saw the tag that I realized just how not-pure it really was. I called the company, and they said that only bamboo & cotton is against baby's skin; the polyester is in an underneath layer of the fabric that doesn't touch baby's bottom.<br><br>
But how much chemicals or synthetics are really in that bamboo I wonder? I know they use chemicals to process it...so how much remains? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I just bought a motherease bamboo too, and when my ds looked at the tag, he said, "so where is the bamboo?" it says 57% rayon...among other things. I'm wondering how natural it is too.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
The rayon is the bamboo is the rayon. A truly nasty chemical bath is used to break down the bamboo fibers to create the rayon. Probably not much chemical residue is left in the fabric, but the processing certainly is not earth friendly.<br><br>
Really the only green factor is that the bamboo is a renewable resource. Organic cotton is much more earth friendly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts