Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 seasons of Call the Midwife and seeing a cute chubby baby all day yesterday, I am itching to conceive! I have the baby fever, and it feels pretty serious ;)

I am due to get married in May and TTC shortly thereafter. I am not one to care much about social norms, or what other people think at all, and suddenly wondered "What if I plan to get pregnant prior to the wedding?" I mean, the obvious would be that I'd be huge and not get the pretty moment in a nice dress, but this is my second wedding, so that doesn't hold as much weight now.

I think my fear is in wanting people to know that it was still a planned pregnancy, though it shouldn't matter to me! Ugh, my hypocrisy annoys me!

What do you guys think? Is there reason to wait until I am properly married, or should i embrace modernity and do it now?

Thanks!!

More background - I have 2 other children ages 6 and 8, who were similarly planned within wedlock.

·
Registered
427 Posts
you could also split the difference and wait a couple of months so that you would be unlikely to be visibly pregnant at the wedding. it depends on your community, but in mine few people count on their fingers after a birth; sex before marriage and even babies born to non-married committed partners is quite normal. however, i still think there's something about a visibly pregnant bride that might feel a little more transgressive against social conventions. that said, i was purposely pregnant at my wedding and it just added to our joy! my husband was on the same page and i didn't really care what other people thought (which overall i think was nothing or at least not much negative). i have also been to a couple of other happy weddings with pregnant brides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good points!

My fiance actually finds pregnancy attractive, so this is a very good idea. I don't think it would take away from the day at all, especially as we plan on doing a small private wedding.

Thanks for the thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts