Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>i have 8 week old twins.  they are ebf.   the past two days they have both been sleepyheads.   they wake up, nurse (usually a good nursing), smile for a bit and then pass back out.    they have had good diaper output.    up until this they were much more awake though.   im making sure they nurse at least every three hrs during the day, nights they are nursing every four.   they do like to comfort nurse and so im letting t hem stay latched on and they do get letdowns wiht this.  just seems alarming that they just want to sleep....</p>

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It may be that they've hit a growth spurt-- it seemed like mine wanted to do nothing but eat and sleep, during those phases. It's also possible they've been exposed to a little virus, or something, and fighting it off is making them tired. I don't think I'd worry, although if you saw diaper output slow down, I would try and encourage more nursing, of course. But it sounds like you have an eye on that.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
<p>Hi Mama,</p>
<p>This sounds slightly frustrating to you.</p>
<p>How old for adjusted age are your twins?  This could be "normal" for their normal age, but I agree with pp that it sounds like a growth spurt. Both of my DDs would sleep extra during a growth spurt for two or three days and then be WIDE AWAKE for much longer periods of time (usually at 3:00 am) for a few days after that. </p>
<p>I agee with pp, though, keep an eye on the diaper output.</p>
<p>Good luck,</p>
<p>~maddymama</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts