Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm 34 weeks today, and my husband and I have officially decided to homebirth and have chosen our midwife after interviewing several different ones. I called the midwife today and told her our decision; she was at lunch so she told me she would call me back to set up an appointment when she got back to the office. She called back and left a message on my machine saying she set up an appointment for us on February 27th. I will be 36 weeks then!! I figured she would want to see me as soon as she could since I'm not far from my due date and I'm sure there are lots of things to go over. What does everyone else think?<br><br>
Now I'm freaking out because I still have to get a birth kit, pool, other supplies, and I figured we would go over all of that at our first appointment (which I was hoping would be much sooner)!!<br><br>
Sarah<br>
#3 due 3/27

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I would definitely think she would want to see you sooner. You have a relationship to build with her, and using every available moment seems prudent. Maybe she wasn't looking closely at the dates. I would call her and mention that you would like to see her sooner than that.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
It's not a matter of "should", but if you want to see her sooner, you need to let her know that. She may have figured you know what you're doing, and she'd go over all the big birth stuff at the 36 week visit, but if you're uncomfortable with that, she needs to know. I hope you're comfortable enough with her to be able to talk with her about that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts