Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has been sick since Wednesday. We thought it was the flu because we had all been getting over the flu but his was different than ours. He had a really sore threat, fever, and nausea. He had a fever for days (its just gone away). On Friday I got a fever and really sore throat and nausea. My sore throat has not gone away either. Now I've looked online and we both have symptoms of strep throat - fever that came on fast, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, nausea, etc. I don't like going to the doctor, especially because we don't have one and we have to go to a walk-in clinic. But I know that untreated strep throat can cause big problems. My son's lymph nodes don't seem to be swollen but mine are. His were the first few days. So do you think he and I should go in to the clinic or just wait it out?

·
Registered
283 Posts
How is he feeling now? Are there any white spots on his tonsils?
I suffered from chronic strep throat growing up, I think it is ok to wait it out and see how you all feel in a couple of days,
I had always waited and most times it would pass on it's own, there are only a couple of times that I remember it being so bad after a couple of weeks that I had to go in and see someone...
I'm sure someone else will have more info but I just wanted to stop in and see how you are feeling.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Truthfully? I would get sodium ascorbate and start taking it every hour on the hour. And I would make the recipe I will post and do everything to heal myself.

But that's what I would do. Strep or not. Doesn't matter. Once you take abx you will always be getting sick. Do what you think is best though.

Here is what I do and it works for me.

Dr. Mendelsohn says in his book that strep does not need to be treated with abx.

I might use abx if it does not resolve itself one week after a positive culture result. Certainly I would not take abx just because a doc looked at my throat and is naming it. No way!

OTOH, I do treat everything immediately with herbs and other natural medicine. Perhaps that's why things don't get out of hand. Not saying that you let it get out of hand, I don't know your situation. I am simply saying that's what we do and it has always been the best way for us.

WE NEVER TREAT A FEVER!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.