Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a different thread (exclusively using FB), lisac77 posted this:<br>
"We do all FBs here as well. I love them and can't see any reason to use a different diaper. I find that it's really easy to maintain them when they're all you use - I have no pilling on my diapers at all because I only use microfiber liners. "<br>
I'm starting a new thread because this is excactly what I was wondering/thinking about. I know that if you wash fleece together with cottons, it will get pilly. For this reason, when I wash clothes I turn all our fleece garments inside out so that the outer finish won't get pilled up by our cotton shirts, jeans, etc.<br>
With diapers, I was originally planning to do just covers and prefolds for sizes NB and S, and then for size M switch to all pockets with micro inserts like the post above. The reason being is that I'm sure the pockets will look pilly and ratty much much faster if washed together with cotton prefolds, so I wanted to do the two types of systems separately. But then my strict plan crumbled in the face of all the cute pockets out there and now I've accumulated about 10 different fleece or suedecloth lined pockets to try in size S, in addition to 36 infant prefolds and some S covers.<br>
I am seriously thinking about washing the prefolds separately from the pockets. Does anyone else do this? Am I crazy? I HATE the feel of pilly fleece and my pocket dipes are so lovely, plush and new.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't think your crazy. When I was using pockets, I washed all my inserts - whether they were cotton or microfiber seperately from the actual pockets. Pilly fleece drives me crazy, and I would go to great lengths to prevent it. hth.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I wash everything together. The newer fb's fleece doesn't pill as easy. I sometimes use a razor on my old ones to get the pills off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts