Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 month old daughter and I both enjoy our sling a great deal.

My only problem is that when I have her in it, the arm over the shoulder that I have the cap is pretty much not usable. Is this normal? My daughter is not terribly heavy, but I don't have the greatest back. Maybe that's why I feel I have to pull the cap so far over my shoulder. I don't know.

Any support?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Meri, I think I got my ring sling from the same lady ( a grandma on ebay) b/c my fabric looks the same but orange. I have a problem in that she sewed far away from the rings, so in order to get the fan over the shoulder, the rings are way far down. I have never seen another sling so maybe this is how they all are, but also maybe she sewed it weird. Anyone know? The stitching is about 6 inches away from the rings and the fabric is folded at the stitching in a flattened accordion. Is this the way it should be?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Ah yes, the sewing should be probably no more than 4 inches from the rings if the shoulder cap is sewn down. (actually looks like it may be ok on yours) On the Mayas the shoulder cap is not sewn down, its free moving on the top side. Yours looks like is is a plain acordian foldded shoulder and doesnt technically have a shoulder cap. Try to not use the shoulder cap/ (dont spread it out as much) and see how it feels. To fit comfortably you probably want to stay just above your arm. Goodluck!

ETA: heres me wearing my Maya with shoulder cap only semi-spread out: http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/...ics/Maya37.jpg This is most comfy for me. I prefer pouches or shoulders you dont have to mess with though because adjusting the shoulder annoys me, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts