Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fb's are wicking and stinking.
I've been using pocket dipes forever (my dd is 4 now and was in fb's and ds is 16mos and exclusively in pockets)...

we've never had wicking or stinking.

So my question is - the fuzzibunz site says i should just run a hot wash then another hot wash with good detergent, then cold water rinse. This is how i wash them every week.

I dye for a living, so i thought i'd start to use synthropol as my detergent for diapers since its a textile detergent. am i wrong? shouldn't this work to strip and clean the diapers?

and whats the deal with hand stripping with dish detergent?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well I'll be brave and try it tonite. I am at my wits end with some of my diapers. I can't get the detergent smell out, and then they reak as soon as she pees. I have tried everything. I have been doing one wash with a tiny amount of detergent then two with no detergent and an extra rinse or 2. I never even thought about Synthropol, I have some here. I'm gonna try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
let me know how it goes k? i have to do dipes tomorrow so i'm going to go for it.
if that doesn't work i'll try dish detergent. will polmolive work? lol

yes... as soon as he pees the diaper reeks. this has never happened before so i'm guessing its buildup since he's been in pockets forever...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.